|Places to visit
|Sela pass, Sela Lake, and Jashwant Garh war memorial.
|Tawang Monastery, Buddha Statue, War memorial, Sixth Dalai Lama Gompa, Bumla pass, Penga Teng Tso Lake and Madhuri Lake.
|Sangti Valley and Jang waterfalls.
Introduction: Tawang, nestled in the picturesque landscapes of Arunachal Pradesh, is a captivating destination that beckons travelers with its natural beauty and cultural richness. Home to the renowned Tawang Monastery, one of the largest in India, this town is steeped in Tibetan Buddhist heritage. The monastery, perched atop a hill, offers breathtaking views of the surrounding mountains and valleys.
Beyond its spiritual allure, Tawang boasts stunning landscapes adorned with snow-capped peaks, pristine lakes, and lush greenery. The Sela Pass, at an altitude of over 13,000 feet, is a gateway to Tawang and offers panoramic vistas of the Eastern Himalayas. The serene Madhuri Lake, also known as Sangestar Tso, adds to the region’s charm, reflecting the surrounding mountains in its crystal-clear waters.
Tawang’s unique cultural blend, influenced by Tibetan and Monpa traditions, is evident in its vibrant festivals and rituals. Visitors can immerse themselves in the local way of life, enjoying traditional dance performances and savoring the distinct flavors of Monpa cuisine.
Adventure enthusiasts find Tawang a haven for trekking, with trails leading to mesmerizing locations like Gorichen Peak and Bum La Pass. The town’s remote location adds to its allure, providing a sense of seclusion and tranquility.
In essence, Tawang is a destination that seamlessly combines spirituality, natural beauty, and cultural richness, making it a must-visit for those seeking a unique and enriching travel experience in the northeastern part of India
How to reach the Tawang Tour Package
By Air: Guwahati Airport at Guwahati is the nearest airport. One can get on a taxi or rickshaw from the airport to reach the destination.
By Road: There is no access to the airport and railway in Tawang, it can only be reached by medium roads. The roads in Twant are almost open throughout the year. In any case, one can check the route as some of the roads are closed for 6 months in the Tawang.
By Train: The nearest station to the Tawang Tour Package is Guwahati. One can hire cabs and Jeeps to reach the destination of the Tawang. Buses are also available to reach Tawang Tour Package.
Places to visit during the Tawang Tour Package
Tawang, located in the northeastern state of Arunachal Pradesh, is endowed with natural beauty, cultural heritage, and spiritual significance. Here are some notable places to visit in Tawang:
Tawang tour packages are popular for their breathtaking landscapes, highlighted by the iconic Tawang Monastery. The region’s rich cultural tapestry, spiritual retreats, and historical significance, especially the Tawang War Memorial, attract visitors. Adventure opportunities, unique cuisine, and the remote, untouched beauty make Tawang a sought-after destination. The warm hospitality of the local Monpa people adds to the overall appeal, creating a well-rounded and memorable travel experience.
The best time for a Tawang tour is from April to June and September to October. Spring and early summer offer pleasant weather and blooming landscapes, while autumn provides clear skies and moderate temperatures. Avoid the winter months (November to March) due to heavy snowfall, and the monsoon season (July and August) for potential road disruptions.
Yes, there is a likelihood of snowfall in Tawang during the winter months from November to March, adding to the scenic beauty but potentially affecting travel plans and road accessibility.
Absolutely, Tawang is worth visiting for its breathtaking landscapes, cultural richness, and spiritual ambiance, including iconic sites like the Tawang Monastery and the Tawang War Memorial. It offers a unique and memorable travel experience.
Your packing list for Tawang Tour Package should include:
-Warm clothing: layers of synthetic and/or woolen clothing that can be adjusted to the changing weather conditions
-Sturdy footwear: boots or shoes with good traction for walking on snow and ice
-Accessories: gloves, hat, scarf, and sunglasses to protect against the cold and glare
-Emergency supplies: first-aid kit, flashlight, and extra batteries.
Tawang is a very safe place for female solo travelers. There is no problem with sexual harassment or with any other kind of crime against women. The local people are very friendly and helpful. There are also a few women-only guesthouses in Tawang, which provide a safe and comfortable stay for female solo travelers.
Yes, the asthma patients can go over there if they have mine issues with asthma.
The altitude of Lahaul Spiti is about 8,757 ft.
There is no definitive answer to this question as everyone’s clothing needs will vary depending on the individual’s personal preferences and the specific conditions of the Tawang during winter. However, some suggested clothing items for a winter visit to the Tawang would include:
-Warm, waterproof boots
-Waterproof and insulated jacket
-Hat and scarf
Extreme cold conditions, less oxygen levels, less water, less people, no electricity, and no mobile connectivity.
Accommodation in the Tawang Tour package is available in the form of homestays and guest houses. There are a few hotels and resorts in Tawang but they are mostly closed during winter.
Yes, it is safe for couples. You can either book a seat as a traveler or rent a bike.
A minimum of 06 days are enough for a Tawang Tour Package to explore all the places without any rush.
The natural beauty of Tawang cannot be described in words. It is a perfect place for couples. View of snow-clad mountains, cold breeze, and beautiful Dirang valley is all you need for your honeymoon trip.
A minimum of 06 days are enough for a Tawang Tour Package to explore all the places without any rush.
Tawang is terror-free. It is hard for anyone to cross the Himalayas and cause terror in Tawang. There is no record of any such activities in Tawang.
Tawang, located in the Indian state of Arunachal Pradesh, typically experiences snowfall during the winter months, particularly from late December to early March. The exact timing and intensity of snowfall can vary each year, but the winter season is generally when you can expect to see snow in Tawang. It’s advisable to check current weather forecasts closer to your planned visit for more accurate information.
Yes, it is safe for Kids.
Tawang is often considered a worth-visiting destination for various reasons:
1. **Scenic Beauty:** Tawang is renowned for its breathtaking landscapes, surrounded by majestic mountains and lush greenery. The natural beauty of the region, including serene lakes and valleys, attracts nature lovers and photographers.
2. **Spiritual and Cultural Significance:** Tawang is home to the Tawang Monastery, one of the largest monasteries in India and an essential pilgrimage site for Buddhists. The monastery holds historical and cultural significance, adding a spiritual dimension to your visit.
3. **Rich Cultural Heritage:** The region has a unique blend of Monpa culture and Tibetan influence, offering visitors a chance to experience vibrant traditions, festivals, and local customs.
4. **Adventure Opportunities:** Tawang provides opportunities for trekking and other adventure activities. The landscapes and high-altitude locations offer a challenging yet rewarding experience for adventure enthusiasts.
5. **Historical Sites:** Apart from the monastery, Tawang has historical sites like the Tawang War Memorial, commemorating the heroes of the 1962 India-China war. These sites contribute to the historical appeal of the region.
However, it’s important to consider factors such as weather conditions, travel restrictions, and personal preferences before planning a visit. If you enjoy exploring unique cultural and natural landscapes, Tawang could be a rewarding destination.
The Bum La Pass serves as a boundary pass connecting China’s Tsona County in Tibet with India’s Tawang district in Arunachal Pradesh. Situated 37 km from Tawang town in India and 43 km from Tsona Dzong town in China, this pass marks the border between the two regions.
Widely recognized for its historical significance as the route traversed by the Dalai Lama when entering India, Bumla Pass stands out as a captivating destination that beckons adventure enthusiasts among the attractions in Tawang. Accessible with a special permit, this pass offers an opportunity to explore the awe-inspiring wilderness, providing a unique and adventurous experience.
The Tawang Monastery is famous for several reasons:
1. **Spiritual Significance:** Tawang Monastery is one of the largest monasteries in India and holds immense spiritual importance. It is a prominent center for Tibetan Buddhism and is the second-largest monastery in the world after the Potala Palace in Lhasa, Tibet.
2. **Cultural Heritage:** The monastery is a repository of Tibetan Buddhist culture and art. It houses numerous valuable artifacts, including thangkas (painted or embroidered Buddhist banners), scriptures, and manuscripts. The architecture of the monastery reflects a blend of Tibetan and indigenous Monpa styles.
3. **Birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama:** Tawang Monastery is believed to be the birthplace of the 6th Dalai Lama, Tsangyang Gyatso. This adds historical significance to the monastery, making it a revered place for Buddhists.
4. **Beautiful Location:** Situated at an elevation of about 3,000 meters (10,000 feet), the monastery is surrounded by stunning landscapes, including snow-capped mountains. The picturesque location adds to the overall appeal and charm of the monastery.
5. **Festivals:** Tawang Monastery is known for its vibrant festivals, especially the Torgya Festival. During these festivals, monks perform ritualistic dances, prayers, and ceremonies. The colorful and lively celebrations attract visitors and pilgrims alike.
6. **Historical Importance:** The monastery has a rich history dating back to the 17th century when it was founded by Merak Lama Lodre Gyatso. It has survived wars and conflicts and stands as a symbol of resilience and continuity.
Uncia Trails Pvt. Ltd. Dharamshala
Mon - Sat 09.00 - 20.00 Sunday CLOSED